Erin M. Evans joined the firm of Garrey, Woner, Hoffmaster & Peshek in 2006 as a legal intern; she is now a partner at the firm. Erin primarily practices in the areas of general liability and insurance defense, and specifically wrongful death, personal injury, construction defect, professional negligence and complex litigation. Erin also represents a number of Plaintiffs in cases involving catastrophic personal injuries. She is also instrumental in the firm’s appellate practice work. Erin lives and works in Flagstaff, where she currently serves as president of the Coconino County Bar Association. Erin also currently serves as an active member of several committees and task forces of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (“TIPS”) of the American Bar Association, including the Outreach to Young Lawyers Committee, Solo and Small Firm Task Force, Appellate Advocacy Committee and Women Trial Lawyer’s Committee. Erin has a heart for volunteerism; in 2011, she was honored as one of the Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona for her guardianship and adoption work through the Volunteer Lawyers Program. Prior to practicing law, Erin was a teacher. Erin draws on her background in education to address different learning styles while crafting persuasive legal arguments in the pleadings she drafts and the evidence she presents during trial.
Outside of the office, Erin stays busy enjoying her two young children, husband and enthusiastic dogs. Erin and her family frequently travel the world in search of adventure and good food. And when not questing to find the world’s greatest meal, Erin enjoys skiing and having snowball fights with her family. One can often find Erin at a board meeting for one of the local arts and science non-profits she serves in Flagstaff.
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Construction Defect
- Professional Negligence
- Complex Motion Practice
- Catastrophic Personal Injury (Plaintiff)
- Appellate Briefing
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Minnesota Justice Foundation Volunteer Service Award — 2007
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law — 2006-2007
- Grand Canyon University, B.S., magna cum laude — 2002
- United States District Court, Arizona
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona (2011).
- Evans, E. (June 19, 2019). The Rules of Evidence – A Practical Toolkit: Handling Email, Social Media and Other ESI, NBI, Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Evans, E. (June 8, 2018). Flagstaff Ethics 2018– The Un-Zombie Project for Lawyers: Feeling Alive While Reducing Stress, ASU Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Flagstaff, Arizona.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Coconino County Bar Association (President)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Scottsdale Bar Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education
- Maricopa County Justice Museum and Learning Center Founder
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (“TIPS”) of the ABA, Outreach to Young Lawyers Committee; Solo and Small Firm Task Force; Appellate Advocacy Committee, and Women Trial Lawyer’s Committee.
- Flagstaff Arts Council
- The Arboretum at Flagstaff
- Coconino County Law Day Committee