Erin M. Evans joined Garrey, Woner, Hoffmaster & Peshek in 2006 as a legal intern and an associate in 2007. Erin primarily practices in the areas of general liability and insurance defense, specifically wrongful death, personal injury, construction defect, professional negligence and complex litigation. Erin is also instrumental in the firm’s appellate practice work. In 2011, Erin was honored as one of the Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona for her guardianship and adoption work through the Volunteer Lawyers Program. Erin has a heart for volunteerism and strives to provide legal services to the ever-growing needs of low-income people in Arizona. Prior to practicing law, Erin was a teacher. Erin draws on her background in education to craft persuasive legal arguments, through written and oral advocacy, and by incorporating content that addresses multiple learning styles in order to maximize the readers’ ability to perceive and process the legal issues presented.
Outside of the office, Erin stays busy enjoying her two young children and husband. Erin and her family frequently travel the world looking for adventure and good food. When she is not in search of good food, Erin plays co-ed softball and is a member of a Flagstaff-based adult dodgeball championship team and a women’s mountain bike night riding club. In the winter, Erin enjoys skiing and having snowball fights with her family. Erin is also an advocate for local arts and sciences and volunteers on non-profit boards and committees supporting these causes.
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Construction Defect
- Professional Negligence
- Complex Motion Practice
- Appellate Briefing
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Minnesota Justice Foundation Volunteer Service Award — 2007
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law — 2006-2007
- Grand Canyon University, B.S., magna cum laude — 2002
- United States District Court, Arizona
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys in Arizona (2011).
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Coconino County Bar Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education
- Maricopa County Justice Museum and Learning Center Founder
- Flagstaff Arts Council
- The Arboretum at Flagstaff